Happy Lunar New Year! It is that time of year again when families reunite for New Year’s Eve dinner and celebrate the coming of the New Year. Food has remained at the centre of celebrations where various dishes hold different meanings for the New Year, such as:
- Oranges: An auspicious fruit that symbolises wealth, good fortune and gold due to its vibrant color
- Noodles: Represent a long life
- Whole Chicken: Is served in order to represent unity, making it symbolic of family
- Dumplings: It is believed that the more dumplings you eat on the New Year’s Eve dinner, the more wealth you will have in the coming year
To get in the spirit of Lunar New Year, we have a range of dishes that use some of these lucky ingredients to be eaten during your festive feast!
- Orange Peel Chicken: Wok fired in our secret sweet and sour orange zest sauce served with jasmine rice. For a limited time, this dish is only $8.88, numbers that are considered lucky in Chinese culture.
- Chinese Noodles: In order to create your own perfect dish, try our Chinese flavours of oyster and soy sauces, stir fried together with your choice of noodles, vegetables and meat.
- Cashew Nut Noodles: Chilli jam is added to this dish to give a unique sweet and spicy taste, then tossed with onions, capsicum and roasted cashew nuts coating each and every piece
- Vegetable Spring Rolls: Made with fresh vegetables and glass noodles, encased in a crunchy shell that are commonly eaten during new year celebrations to welcome a new spring as well as represent wealth for its golden colour
Lastly, when you’re in store this Lunar New Year, don’t forget to take a selfie or a photo of yourself playing our game and share it on our Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #wokoninnfortune to receive a FREE drink. All you have to do is roll the dice to win some Wok On Inn dollars to go towards your next meal at any of our stores. This event will only run today (Lunar New Year itself, February 19).
Come dine with us this Lunar New Year!