For those of you who have tried our Char Kway Teow recipe, you know how good it is! We will be bringing this popular dish back to our menu for a limited of time only. Feeling like a nibble, order our Char kway Teow here.
What is Char Kway Teow? We can tell you the dish is considered a staple in countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore; it is also becoming more recognized globally. A great serving of Char Kway Teow is favored not only with the freshest ingredients, but equally important is the elusive charred aroma from stir-frying the noodles over very high heat in a well-seasoned wok.
An authentic Char Kway Teow dish should be- full of great flavor and contrasting textures. The secret to a mouth-watering Char Kway Teow recipe is to have the Wok smoking hot. The high heat prevents the ingredients from sticking to the wok whilst creating a charred Smokey aroma. We combine our wok fried noodles with smashed egg, baby bok choy and bean sprouts stirred through our sweet soy sauce.
For those of you who like to cook, try our recipe for the ever so famous Char kway teow dish!
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sambal chilli paste
1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoons dark sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1 tablespoons oyster sauce
Sprinkle of white pepper powder
1. Mix all of above in a bowl with a whisk except minced garlic and white pepper.
2. Clean the wok thoroughly and add oil at high heat until it starts to smoke.
3. Add minced chopped garlic.
4. Transfer your protein of choice and make a few quick stirs until the protein is half cooked.
5. Follow by adding flat rice sheet noodles.
6. Add the sauce from step # 1 and stir until it fully coats the noodle and protein.
7. Once the noodles are fully cooked till smoky point add egg onto the wok separating the yolk and white part and flip the noodles covering them with the egg.
8. Add your vegetables – bean sprouts and greens and quickly flip them until they are fully mixed.
9. Sprinkle white pepper powder at the very end and serve immediately.